Pool Specials & Classes
Morning Swim Time
This special swim time is designed for our younger swimmers (ages 5 and younger). The Water Park is open with the water features turned off. A lifeguard will be on duty. This is free for members and $3/person per morning for non-members.
Mondays & Saturdays: 9-11 a.m. January 1 through March 3, 2019
Swim in the Water Park with water features on Monday-Friday after 5:30 p.m. Cost is just $6/person
2019 Non-school Days
No School? Head to the Pool? (Non-School Days):
During the following non-school days (for ISD 199), the Water park is open from Noon-7:30 p.m. and the Lap pool and dive well are open from Noon-3 p.m. and 6:15-7:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, April 19
- Friday, May 24
Become certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding for pools and water parks, First Aid and CPR/AED for the professional lifeguard. Must be 15 years of age by first class.
Skill prerequisites include:
- Continuous endurance swim: front crawl and/or breaststroke for 300 yards
- Timed skill sequence: 20 yard swim, retrieval of a 10lb object from 7 to 10 feet deep, swim 20 yards carrying the object and exit the water within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Tread water: 2 minutes using legs only
- April 12-14, 2019: $250 - 7 hours of online training before the first day of class, then water training April 12-14 (Friday: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; Sat. and Sun.: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.). Register by April 5 at: http://invergroveheights.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID+6646.
Water Safety Instructor Course (ages 16-adult)
Teaching children and adults to swim is a rewarding experience. It provides them with the knowledge and skills they need to stay safe in the water and gives a lifetime of enjoyment in the water.
The WSI training course is a blended learning course that provides certification to teach American Red Cross swimming lessons. This class involves in-classroom time and outside class work online.
Fee: $215/ person plus $37 fee to Red Cross
- May 3-5, 2019: Friday: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; Sat.: 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Sunday: 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Register by April 26 at: http://invergroveheights.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID+6634.
Log Rolling (ages 6-adult)
Unsure about Log Rolling and want to try it out? Get in the water and get ready to have fun! Staff will be on-hand to coach you on the log rolling basics. Purchase a wristband to participate! Pre-registration is not required, just come!
Dates: Fridays: June 14, July 19, Aug. 16;
Time: Noon-1 p.m.
Fee: Free/member; $5/non-member
Log Rolling Club (ages 6-adult)
Here is something that is fun, good for you and the entire family can participate! Work on techniques to improve your log rolling skills. Strengthen your core and balance! Be a part of the club! Pre-registration is required, register online: www.invergroveheights.org/register
Dates: Sundays, June 9-July 28
Time: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Fee: $29/member; $49/non-member