Make a Difference - Volunteer!
Thank you for considering working as a volunteer! The City is excited to offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to support our dynamic Inver Grove Heights community. Are you looking for a one day event? How about a long term opportunity? Do you want to work outside? Maybe you have excellent organizational skills? We may just have the right fit for you!
When you volunteer, your efforts strengthen the local services available to members of the community. Volunteering raises awareness of important social needs, connects communities and builds friendships. Change your life and those around your community!
- Share your talents
- Develop new skills
- Enhance your resume
- Feel good about giving back to the community
- Provides unique opportunities for local residents to contribute to city government
- Facilitates active partnerships between city staff and community members
- Enriches city programs and services through volunteer involvement and participation
- Helps citizens become more familiar with city programs, services and issues
Open Volunteer Positions
- Clerical Support
- Records Management
- Data Entry
* Education will be provided to volunteers prior to the event as needed
- Healthy Living Fair (April): Help educate fellow residents about waste reduction, reuse, and recycling opportunities.
- IGH Community Paper Shredding Event (May): Assist with unloading paper from residents’ vehicles.
- IGH Food Truck Day Events (Summer): Help educate event attendees how to recycle right at the event, help set up and take down recycling containers.
- St. Paul Farmers Market (June - Oct.): Help educate fellow residents about waste reduction, reuse, and recycling.
- IGH Annual Clean Up Day (Sept): Help direct traffic or assist with unloading paper from residents’ vehicles.
Parks and Recreation
- Princess Dance (Feb.) Help set up and take down, food, crafts and games.
- Easter Egg Hunt (weekend before Easter) Assist with hiding eggs, help with directing kids.
- National Trails Day Event (June): Assist with trail hike and registration.
- Fishing Derby (June): Need help with registration, prize drawings, etc.
- Penny Carnival (July): Need help with running events and/or helping distribute pennies to kids.
- Safety Camp (July): Assist with registration.
- IGH Days (Sept.) Help with parade unit, handing out parks and recreation materials in parade.
- Harmon Farms Trail Run (Sept.): Help with registration and event logistic.
- Santa Breakfast (Dec.) Assist with food, crafts and games.
- Adopt-a-Park (seasonal, April – Oct.)
- Garden/Landscape Assistance
- Invasive Plant/Tree Removal
- Aquatics Instructors and Assistants
- Youth Sports Coaches and Assistants (baseball, softball, soccer, basketball, flag football, lacrosse, track & volleyball)
- Walking/Hiking Club: Need group leaders to lead hikes and walks; time/dates vary.
Opportunities for area businesses, churches, civic groups, schools, etc. to participate as a group can be explored. Typically groups will do a park clean up, planting project, invasive plant removal, or a one-time project such as painting a hockey rink or boardwalk. Groups are also welcome to volunteer for events.