Make a Difference - Volunteer!
Thank you for considering working as a volunteer! The City is excited to offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to support our dynamic Inver Grove Heights community. Are you looking for a one day event? How about a long term opportunity? Do you want to work outside? Maybe you have excellent organizational skills? We may just have the right fit for you!
When you volunteer, your efforts strengthen the local services available to members of the community. Volunteering raises awareness of important social needs, connects communities and builds friendships. Change your life and those around your community!
◦Share your talents
◦Develop new skills
◦Enhance your resume
◦Feel good about giving back to the community
◦Provides unique opportunities for local residents to contribute to city government
◦Facilitates active partnerships between city staff and community members
◦Enriches city programs and services through volunteer involvement and participation
◦Helps citizens become more familiar with city programs, services and issues
Open Volunteer Positions
Parks and Recreation
• National Trails Day Event: Saturday, June 2nd 9am-noon; assist with trail hike and registration
• Fishing Derby: Saturday, June 9th, 8am-Noon; need help with registration, prize drawings, etc.
• Penny Carnival: July 24th, 4pm-7pm; need help with running events and/or helping distribute pennies to kids
• Safety Camp: August 2nd 6:30am-8:30am; assist with registration
• IGH Days: Saturday, September 8th; 9am -1pm; help with parade unit, handing out parks and recreation materials in parade
• Harmon Farms Trail Run, Sunday, September 16th, 7am-11am; help with registration and event logistics
• Adopt-a-Park (seasonal, April –October)
• Garden/Landscape Assistance
• Invasive Plant/Tree Removal
• Aquatics Instructors and Assistants
• Class Instructors (preschool sports, tennis, etc.)
• Youth Sports Coaches and Assistants (baseball, softball, soccer, basketball, flag football, lacrosse, track & volleyball)
• Fitness Center
• Walking/Hiking Club: Need group leaders to lead hikes and walks; time/dates vary.
• Clerical Support
• Data Entry
Opportunities for area businesses, churches, civic groups, schools, etc. to participate as a group can be explored. Typically groups will do a park clean up, planting project, invasive plant removal, or a one-time project such as painting a hockey rink or boardwalk. Groups are also welcome to volunteer for events.